Thursday, February 12, 2009

Seeing RED

I had gone to visit some friends of mine on Monday, (they used to be friendly with the BF as well, but he has put no effort into maintaining the relationship, I am godmother to their 2 year old). I vomited everything going on with my relationship at them. 

They said that they are amazed at the changes that they are seeing in me and how much guts I have to be working so hard on improving myself. 

They also said that it isn't me, it's him. 

Then they asked me where I want to be in another 10 years....

The BF has been picking petty fights with me recently. The most recent was this morning, when he saw that I had taken 2" off of the tops of a pack of pak choi to put in my wonton soup last night. He had apparently been taking out two leaves at a time to put in his soup. 

He started waving the pack at me and asking why I did that. I said, look there are two more packs in the fridge, use those, I will use the rest of that pack. What is the big deal ??

He pulls out the one rotten pack of pak choi out of the fridge. It starts dripping everywhere. Says "I am supposed to use THIS ??"

I yell back, "NO you are supposed to use the TWO OTHER GOOD PACKS!!!" while he goes for the mop.

He starts raving about how that is not the point and how I am being inconsiderate and selfish and don't THINK !!!. To which I shot back, "Look I spent hours on Monday doing up those wontons so you could have soup. They're not in my diet, I'm not supposed to eat them. I cheated and had one bowl last night. How the hell is that being inconsiderate and selfish ??"

He then pelts the pack of wontons at me while stomping off and saying, "Well if they're yours I am not eating it!!"

I saw RED.

I picked up the pack of wontons and flung them back at him (narrowly missing) and yelled, "DON'T YOU FUCKING THROW ANYTHING AT ME!!!"

My MO has always been to back down and avoid an argument. I think the new me just isn't into taking on his shit like I used to. 

He continues on about how when I did up the wontons and packed them away in the freezer, I didn't bother to pack the pak choi in with them (me being lazy). 

It boiled down to me sitting at my computer and him sitting at his, and me replying, "Well if you think that I am such a horrible horrible inconsiderate and selfish person, I am done, I am just done."

I think he said some other things after that, but I am not sure. I tuned him out. 

I mean how do you argue with someone like that ? Over 2" of fucking pak choi ? How on God's Green Earth is that important enough to merit an arguement ?

I don't want this shit. If I have kids, I don't want to be having the same kinds of arguments with them as I have with my husband.

I think I drew my line in the sand a while ago, but it didn't register until I had crossed it.

No comments: