Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Final Countdown Part 2

**** CAUTION THIS POST DESCRIBES MY SEX LIFE****

 After the Great OB/GYN visit of Nov '08, I came home and told the BF what she had found, her recommendations and that she had told me to come off of the pill and use the Mirena IUD. He mentioned that we know of two people who had become pregnant on IUD's. I replied that yes, I had mentioned it to her and she had told me that she knows on people who had become pregnant on EVERY SINGLE method of birth control, but that the Mirena had results equivelant to tying your tubes. I also mentioned that it should help improve my sex drive.

Looking back on it now, it was not so much a discussion as me unloading information at him.

He ended up shrugging and telling me to do whatever I wanted to do. 

The night before my next OB/GYN appt, I told him that I had decided to install the Mirena/confirm the PCOS diagnosis and that my appointment was the next day, and that I was feeling a bit nervous. He re-assured me that everything would be fine.

I installed the Mirena on the 9th of Jan. When he came home he asked how my appointment had gone. I told him I was a bit crampy, but nothing too bad.

A week later, when I was feeling my oats, I jokingly mentioned getting some nookie soon. He didn't reply.

In the first week of Feb, we started fooling around in the middle of the night. I was ready to roll, but he stopped play. I was a little baffled and asked him why, he replied with, "what would end up happening ?" I said "Sex, babe!" He replied with, "but you aren't on the pill!"

I was gobsmacked and said, "Babe, I put in the Mirena in the first week in Jan! I told you this !"

Apparently he didn't think I had told him. He then decided to analyse why the Mirena wasn't a good choice, mentioning ectopic pregancies and the possibility of death. I again tried to reassure him about why I had chosen it, the risks involved (mostly with it causing prolonged period) and that it had the same results as tying your tubes. I also recommended that he look it up on the Net, just as I had done.

As I was lying there I just kept thinking, you didn't say a word when I was on the pill and smoking for the last 10 years with all the risks of blood clots, and when I had FIRST mentioned the Mirena to you, but you'll get your knickers in a twist about ectopic pregancies NOW ? NOW when we are 99.9% safe AND we are both ready to roll ??? WTF ??

I dropped the conversation, both because it was the middle of the night and also to give him time to think about what we had discussed. We did not talk about it since then.

I was lying in bed on Sunday night when I decided to go and ask him for sex, "Babe, I was wondering when I could get some nookie ?"

He followed me into the bedroom and lies there with arms folded, and tells me again that I have trained him not to want to have sex with me, and asks me what I have done to make him want to have sex with me.

I am lying there, ready to roll again and he says that ?

So I reply, "Well , I have come off of the pill, which is supposed to improve my libido and I have intalled the Mirena, which is safer than the pill, so I don't have this constant worry about having missed pills."

His reply;

"Sooo you don't have to think about it (the pill), but you're also not thinking about making an effort to be intimate. Again, what has changed so that I will want to have sex with you ? What guaruntee do I have that we will have sex now and that you will want to have sex again before the next six months??"

I stupidly told him the truth,"Look I have no guarantees, we haven't had sex now for six months, I don't know if I want to now because it has been that long, or because my libido is improving."

 What more did he want ? I mean, coming outside and BLATANTLY ASKING YOU FOR SEX ISN'T ENOUGH ??!!!!

All I could reply was that I had changed my birth control, I also asked, "what do you mean by making an effort to be intimate ?"

He stormed off saying, "I have repeatedly told you over the past few YEARS what making an effort to be intimate meant and didn't take me on. Your only response now is that you have changed your Birth Control?? Until you make an effort to be intimate, I am not interested."

No comments: