Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Final Countdown

***CAUTION THIS POST MENTIONS MY SEX LIFE***

The BF is my first BF. We have been together for 10 years now. 

I had three pregnancy scares in the last few years. The BF has been telling me for years that our lack of sex combined with the pregnancy scares when we do have sex have been training him to not want to have sex with me. After the last scare in Nov '08 I decided that the pill just was not working for me. I went into the Ob/Gyn and my first words to her was, "I have No Libido. I want to have sex maybe 12 hours out of the month. The rest of the time I am just not interested, and if he isn't around during those 12 hours, he is outta luck. I also think I have PCOS (which can also lead to lack of libido)." 

Her reply was, "Come off of the pill, that is the biggest cause of lack of libido. I want to look at your ovaries and womb and I want you to research the Mirena IUD and see if you want it. I has hormones that will not interfere with your sex-drive."

Her next question was, "How often do you have sex?" I replied, "Well not in the last three months." She said," Well you know, if the relationship isn't going well, you just wont want to have sex." 

I nodded and said, "Well, doc, I'm trying to do something different now, in the hopes that it will help the relationship."

It seems that I made my decision a tad too late.

 

No comments: