Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life is a sexually transmitted disease - R. D. Laing

I decided that I would stick with famous quotes as titles. I promptly found the most ironic and sarcastic quotes ever uttered or written. You'll be seeing quite a lot of them in the future.

Heh.

I weighed myself this morning, just out of curiosity.

217lbs.

Huh?

How in the hell did I lose a half pound in a day ?
I drank craploads of water, had a full meal for lunch and a sandwich for dinner, with a huge bowl of salad in between. The only thing I did differently was walk for 20 mins on the treadmill yesterday. Did I really sweat off 1/2 a lb ?

I knew I was sweating alot, but daaaaaamn.

I'm sure I'm going to look back at this and laugh when I am struggling to maintain a healthy weight, but right now with a B.M.I of 38.4%, I am torn between being shocked/pleased.

On another note, since thyroid "issues" run in my family, I have decided that I am going to have my thyroid levels checked tomorrow.
My hair has been thinning for a while now, with my individual hair shafts also thinning. I don't have any other symptoms, but the hand fulls of hair that fall out all over the place every damn day are getting to me (the sight of scalp where once grew hair is also deeply disturbing).
I would like to be able to have my hair down without it turning into a major frizz ball. The rate of growth is also annoying, I've been trying to grow out this particular cut for what seems like years now.
I don't know if to hope that they find something, or if to hope that the levels are normal and my hair is just having a bad year.

*sigh*

Ah gorrrn.

No comments: