Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Frustration

I love my jobs, except when I don't.

This is another of the don't times.

A whole host of issues affects one of my jobs. It starts with a disorganized, apathetic board, continues on into the land of "I have a $4M house, but I can't afford a $1,500 monthly maint. fee" and lands sqaurely in my lap.

I have tried to bring these things to the attention of my board for the last few years. These are NOT new problems, these are issues that I have been slogging in the trenches with the ENTIRE time I have been at this job.

I try to give a flying fuck, I really do, but when You. Yes, You, the Board Member who occasionally gets a bug up his ass and tries to fix everything overnight, wants to call an "Emergency Meeting" this Saturday afternoon at 1pm (thus fucking up my plans to go Hashing)....

Well lets just say some creative cursing of your ancestors took place.

I am getting to the point where I am going to start looking for a new position.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I just plain refuse to have any meetings on the weekends. I think it is cruel. Just sayin...

Trini said...

Yeah it's cruel, and it pisses me off especially when this happens every few months and I am forced to YET AGAIN explain the same issues that I've been explaining for the last 4 YEARS!!

Holy Run on Sentence Batman.

As you can tell, this is a true peeve of mine.

However, I must now call blessings down on him as he has just suggested that we can meet at 10am. Here's hoping the rest of the Board agrees.