Wednesday, October 7, 2009

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

Six months ago, I was rushing around trying to buy a birthday card for my father. I was browsing around the card store when I saw this tiny little print of a painting. I had to look at it for a few seconds to figure out what had caught my eye. There, in amongst the stalks of plants in the print, was this little Red Snake.
I fell in love with it and bought it on the spot, even though it was expensive for a print.
Three months ago, I looked up the artist and found out that he lives and works in Trinidad and that he has a web-site.
Browsing around his site, I saw the painting "Red Snake" was listed as "available".
I instantly shot off an e-mail to the artist, Wulf Gerstenmaier. He wrote back immediately and told me that, unfortunately, the painting had been sold.
I wasn't surprised, but thanked him for his reply.

Last week, I got another e-mail from Mr. Gerstenmaier, letting me know that the painting had been mistakenly listed as sold and was I still interested ?

After jumping up and down for a few seconds, I shot off an e-mail;

Dear Mr. Gerstenmaier,


YES ! I am very interested, how much is it ?

He wrote back the next day letting me know the dimensions, and the fact that the painting is for sale for *DUN* *DUN* *DUN* Six Thousand Dollars!!

*Gulp*

I thought about it for a few days. There is no way that I can afford to buy the painting outright. Will he be offended if I ask to pay on terms ??

I finally bit the bullet and called him. After gushing about the painting for a few sentences and apologizing about taking so long to call him back. I asked him.

And he said, "No Problem, you come see it. I will keep it until you've paid it off".

Soo, this little beauty will eventually be MINE.

MUAHHAHAHAAH!!!

No comments: